From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 May 2006 12:40
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: LazyFont NullPointerException

The extension API has been stable for a while. A few months ago I've
added some additional gadgets I needed for Barcode4J. I don't expect any
major changes anymore. Backwards-incompatible changes are highly
unlikely, but no guarantees.

So far, there's no documentation for writing extensions. I usually point
people at Barcode4J as the prime example. :-) The examples directory in
the distribution (MathML and plan extensions) can also help.

The migration shouldn't be too difficult. A few things have changed but
most of your custom code can stay the same. I'm pretty confident that
you can do the migration in 2 or 3 hours max if your extension simply
generates SVG.

Now, I'm curious: What kind of extensions did you implement?