On 26/07/16 14:13, Eric D Helms wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:46 AM, Dominic Cleal <domi...@cleal.org
> <mailto:domi...@cleal.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/05/16 10:26, Dominic Cleal wrote:
>     > I'd like to propose a deprecation of EL6 for Foreman 1.12, so we have
>     > the option of leaving it out of the 1.13 release.
>
>     I've stopped nightly EL6 builds now and will remove the yum repos
>
>     shortly too.
>

> I would like to ask that we put a hold on this change without some
> further discussion. This comes as a bit of a surprise (at a minimum a
> warning similar to branch warnings would have been nice) given the
> conversation herein where there was equal sides for and against this
> change. I do not consider the line in the release notes sufficient for
> this kind of change given the scale and scope it imposes. The release
> notes also do not indicate which release users should prepare for this
> change, simply that it will be that way in future releases.

The warnings section of the release notes state that EL6 packages will
likely not be provided in 1.13, but I'll update them now to state
clearly that they won't, with pointers to our existing migration
information. This can certainly be expanded with more help if somebody
wishes to write it, and there's plenty of time to do that in.

I don't think I've done anything differently to previous OS deprecations
and removals, which seem to have gone without incident.

--
Dominic Cleal
domi...@cleal.org