From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckin...@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:07:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fortress Properties

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 9:56 AM, Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu> wrote:
> I think that will work, but I don't see a way to search by user properties,
> so I still think we need to decide how to expose searching through the API.

Yes to exposing a new search apis for prop names, values (see prev comments)

As for how to search by prop name, something like this….

String searchVal = encodeSafeText( user.getUserId(), GlobalIds.USERID_LEN );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.FILTER_PREFIX );
filterbuf.append( Config.getInstance().getProperty( USER_OBJECT_CLASS ) );
filterbuf.append( ")(" );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.PROPS );
filterbuf.append( "=" );
filterbuf.append( searchVal );
filterbuf.append( “mypropname” + “*” + ))" );