> On Oct 13, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I created a Jira issue
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FC-197
>
> Would the new search method go on the ReviewMgr?

I’m leaning toward creating a new public interface, PropertyMgr that supports
these ops for all entities.

public interface PropertyManager
{

 FortEntity add ( FortEntity, String name, String value) throws Property
Exception;
 FortEntity update ( FortEntity, String name, String value) throws Property
Exception;
 void delete ( FortEntity, String name) throws Property Exception;
 String get ( FortEntity, String name) throws Property Exception;
 List<FortEntity>search ( FortEntity, String name, String value) throws
Property Exception;
}

The ftentity carries user, role, * and we could add a switch based on the child
for determining which tree to point to.  Or pass it an enum / other ideas?

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I think the generic method is good for now, long term I really think we
> should really consider adding a query builder pattern so that all new search
> combinations don't require new API methods.

It’s an interesting idea and I’d like to discuss it more.  My first thought is
it can already be done with the apache ldap api templates.  (I’ve been looking
for an excuse to try them anyway).  That is that fortress isn’t a general
purpose api tool, and the ldap api is.

Thanks,
Shawn