Hi,
There is smt call combined image so you only have to upload one big file
and the system will extract it self. But since you're running on v3.8,
then if you want to do it that way, you might want to do incremental
upgrade. I guess
v3.8 -> v4.1 -> v5.0 -> v5.1
And reload-check is uber important :D I llmost bricked one XMR unit by
missing one PBIF image during upgrade !
On 2/26/2011 11:27 AM, Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting wrote:
Hi Patrick,
What the guys tell you is true, the upgrade documentation is
overwhelming. But basicly you need to update (just check what you have
currently with show version) at least for a XMR:
LP=linecard
* Ironware (MP/LP)
* MP - boot
* MP - monitor
* MP - mbridge
* LP - boot
* LP - monitor
* LP - FPGA (dunno if you can already use the FPGA bundle, else you
have to know which modules like PBIF or XPP)
* do a reload-check until everything is fine :)
Once done it's not that hard :-)
- Gerwin
On 02/25/2011 10:59 PM, Patrick Henderson wrote:
Folks,
I can handle Cisco iOS upgrade. But now I am faced with upgrading
iOS on a Foundry MLX-8 from 3.8 to 5.1. I would appreciate if
someone can give me a few general steps on how to go about this.
Thanks in advance.
-Pat
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Gerwin Krist
Technical Manager
Digitalus Webhosting
First-class Internet Webhosting
Web:http://www.digitalus.nl
E-mail: gerwin at digitalus.nl
Tel.: +31 (0) 598 630000
Fax: +31 (0) 598 631860
BOFH Wisdom:
Collapsed Backbone
***************************************************************************************
This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and
delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.
***************************************************************************************
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp