On 09/14/2015 03:56 PM, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
3.) MISSING: Multiple clients (from different processes) talk to one server.
4.) MISSING: Client is able to receive a response on a request.
5.) MISSING: (Optionally, not default) client sends a request to a server that isn't running. The server is able to handle these requests when it is started.

Do I understand correctly that you are talking about "real" inter-Process communication and not inter-Tread-Communication within the same project ? (IMHO, this would require completely different paradigms.)

I understand that IPC is done with non-Lazarus projects in mind. Hence it is done to be used "straight forward" independent of the Lazarus Event Queue. If doing something on top of SimpleIPC it might be viable to consider Event Queue integration for Lazarus users, as well (but If you don't consider Lazarus this might be a completely unrelated issue).

-Michael