On 15.09.2015 13:22, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 09/15/2015 01:09 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

IPC = Inter PROCESS Communication.

I know that you know this, but Ondrej is talking about cthreads in one of his message, so I tried to politely set a trigger.

-Michael

This is because Michael Van Canneyt pointed me to "man sem_overview". The first Google search pointed me to http://linux.die.net/man/7/sem_overview where I found the "Named semaphores" with functions sem_open, sem_close etc. with the description that they can be used across processes. A quick search in FPC sources pointed me again to the cthreads unit. I haven't done any Linux development with semaphores, so sorry if I am completely wrong here. I will also welcome if you correct me.

BUT semaphores are not directly needed by the IPC. simpleipc doesn't use them either.

It would be nice to have solved the issue with double file locks on unix, but this is not the core problem.

Ondrej