On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Tomas Hajny wrote:

On Tue, September 29, 2015 12:30, Juha Manninen wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Ondrej Pokorny <laza...@kluug.net> wrote:
Michael Van Canneyt & Tomas Hajny & everybody who wants to test:

I prepared a fully compatible AdvancedIPC unit. See the attachment.

Michael and Tomas, I am planning to copy AdvancedIPC temporarily to
Lazarus sources.
If you are planning changes for it, I can wait.
The temporary copy does not need to be identical but it should be API
compatible.
With it we can finally implement the single IDE instance feature
without depending on the latest FPC libs.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time for testing it yet, sorry. :-( If you
can wait until end of this week, I'll make sure to do so during the
weekend at the latest.

I added it to fpc/packages/fcl-base. It compiles OK, there are no dangerous dependencies except sysutils and classes.

Juha, if you want to implement the single IDE instance, then I would like to ask you to implement this in custapp.pp. This is useful functionality for all kinds of applications, and is since very long on my todo list.

I think the functionality can be split out in 2 parts:
- Make sure a single instance is running.
- Sending messages to running instance.
The first can be implemented in custapp, I am not sure about the second.
At first sight, I think that this should be possible.