On 29.09.2015 14:42, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
OK, I see your point. Yes, I think it is possible and even not that much work to do.

I programmed "multiple instances" handling into Lazarus IDE. It's the same like e.g. Adobe Photoshop or VLC player work - if you start the IDE without files in cmd parameters, the IDE is started. If you start IDE with files, the files are opened in already running instance. You can enable a truly "single instance" (always only single instance allowed) with an environment setting option.

IMO, we should keep the code in CustApp simple and don't do this advanced stuff. Only single/multiple instances option. If single instance is selected, allow to talk with the one single instance through IPC. If there are multiple instances, you cannot talk to other instances.
This should be doable.

What do you think?

Exactly what I had in mind, simple yet functional :-)

OK, I'll prepare this one as well. But the Lazarus IDE won't take advantage of CustApp (it will use AdvancedIPC directly with the custom advanced possibilities I already programmed).

Ondrej