On 10/13/2010 2:23 PM, Christopher Ward wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Pam Reichert wrote:
I have been using WebWorks epublisher Pro version 9.2 to convert our
FrameMaker documents into online help for our applications. Recently my
laptop started having problems and they are moving me to a new laptop.
The writer who installed epublisher on my laptop is no longer with the
company and we can’t find the CD with a serial number. I noticed a
version of WebWorks comes on the FrameMaker 7.2 CD but it is called
WebWorks Standard. I thought maybe this is where the WebWorks came from.
Is WebWorks Standard the same as ePublisher pro? Even if it is, no
serial number I find on any of our CDs seems to work with it and Adobe
can’t seem to help me. When I go to the WebWorks page I can’t get help
there either because I don’t have a maintenance contract. I don’t think
WebWorks actually *wants* customers. When I try to find out how much it
costs to buy a new copy, no prices are listed unless you have a sales
person call you. We don’t have phones in our office.

Pam,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble getting in touch with WebWorks. You can reach Sales and Customer Service via email (either <sa...@webworks.com> or <customerserv...@webworks.com>).

Regarding pricing, pricing starts at $795 for a one year subscription to ePublisher. Perpetual licenses are also available. Sales can give you all the details.

One thing I will point out is that though ePublisher 9.2 is EOLed, the 9.2 formats are still supported as part of ePublisher 2010.2. What that means is that you can continue using custom code without concern for code conflicts. This was made possible in our 2009.3 release, which added legacy format compatibility options. If you have no custom code in your project, then you can easily switch to the latest, greatest format versions that ship with 2010.2.

Ben Allums
all...@webworks.com