From: Ken Poshedly [mailto:poshe...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:34 AM
To: Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net); Fred Ridder;
rob...@lauriston.com; framers@lists.frameusers.com; techw...@techwr-l.com
Subject: Re: "FrameMaker has detected a problem and must quit" Really?!

Syed,

In our case:

* The C-drive is the hard drive on our own desktop computer and is where FM is
installed.
* The network drive is not a partition of the desktop hard drive, but instead a
separate physical hard drive configured to be one of several in my company's
network of drives.

So now my coworker will do all his work locally on his own desktop and then
place the completed FM chapter on the network drive as an archive file.

-- Ken in Atlanta

________________________________
From: "Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net<mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>)"
<syed.hos...@aeris.net<mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>>
To: Fred Ridder <docu...@hotmail.com<mailto:docu...@hotmail.com>>;
"poshe...@bellsouth.net<mailto:poshe...@bellsouth.net>"
<poshe...@bellsouth.net<mailto:poshe...@bellsouth.net>>;
"rob...@lauriston.com<mailto:rob...@lauriston.com>"
<rob...@lauriston.com<mailto:rob...@lauriston.com>>;
"framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>"
<framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>>;
"techw...@techwr-l.com<mailto:techw...@techwr-l.com>"
<techw...@techwr-l.com<mailto:techw...@techwr-l.com>>
Sent: Wed, February 13, 2013 2:24:07 PM
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Ken Poshedly
<poshe...@bellsouth.net<mailto:poshe...@bellsouth.net>> wrote:
> I just learned from Adobe tech support (via phone call) that the permissions
> in
> FrameMaker 11.0 have been modified so that the data files should also be on
> the
> same hard drive where FM 11.0 is installed. Working across drives (FM here,
> data
> files there) is no longer an accepted practice -- at least not with FM11.
Seriously? I can understand network-based locations causing issues, but I have
_never_ seen a problem where an executable (FrameMaker or otherwise!) is on one
drive and the “data” files are on a separate drive _on the *same* system_.

In fact, I do this right now – my C drive is the usual location for all
executables (FrameMaker, Office, compilers, etc.) and my E drive contains all
my other files (including the books and files I work on).

And, I do not have any problems with this setup whatsoever. I am surprised that
Adobe thinks that this would be a problem in any way! If really accurate, this
would be a strange, and completely unacceptable, artificial constraint.