I don't buy that at all. DITA has major costs that are not offset
unless you have substantial opportunities for reuse and publish in
multiple languages.

There's no rational reason to spend money on low-value upgrades. Do a
cost-benefit analysis and know what you're paying for. At one old job
we were using FM6. We looked at 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2, nobody thought they
were worth the cost.

FrameMaker's major competition is Flare, which does a pretty good job
of importing FM files.