I can tell you that you're not alone. :-(

I'm running the same environment. Horizontal scroll on an unsaved file ... boom. Never fails. I see this most often in structured mode, but I do most of my work in that mode.

I always assumed it was my Apple Magic Mouse(TM), but perhaps not.

I don't believe I've raised this with Adobe, but I would be grateful if you did.

-Alan
---
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.
Consultant and Trainer, Technical Publishing
arh on Twitter
412-450-0532