Hi Carol,

as I and Shmuel Wolfson pointed out: The password "security" is not
secure at all.

I apologize, but your clients require something that cannot be achieved.

About the certificate:
Given an original PDF with certificate, any later change would be
displayed -- so any reader could see that the file is not the original
file.
On the other hand, of course it is not possible for external
users/readers to distinguish a fake PDF with a false certificate or with
no certificate at all from an original one. First, he/she would have to
know that our company uses a certificate, and second the way a
certificate looks like can be reproduced by anyone.

Only our staff could find out if the PDF is a fake (with certificate
password check), e.g. if necessary to initiate legal measures.

At the moment, I do not see any way to prevent fake PDFs, although I
would be fond of knowing one.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida

Carol J. Elkins: