This is what we allow and disallow:
    Printing:    Allowed
    Changing the Document:    Not Allowed
    Document Assembly:    Not Allowed
    Content Copying or Extraction:    Allowed
    Content Extraction for Accessibility:    Allowed
    Commenting:    Not Allowed
    Filling of form fields:    Not Allowed
    Signing:    Not Allowed
    Creation of Template Pages:    Not Allowed

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer

On 03-Mar-15 10:12 PM, Johnson, Joyce wrote:

We deliver user guides (software and hardware) to customers  via password-protected pdfs, loaded onto servers and also posted on our customer web portal.

I’m wondering how members of this group deliver customer-facing documents. Do you use pdfs? If so, do you secure those pdfs? If you secure them, how do you accommodate in-house colleagues who request unsecured pdfs so they can extract pages and images?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Joyce

Joyce M. Johnson

AmerisourceBergen

Lead Technical Writer

Technology Group

1400 Busch Parkway

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

847.808.5875

888.537.3102 ext 15875

www.abtg.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately return it to the sender, delete it and destroy it without reading it. Unintended transmission shall not constitute the waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.