From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docu...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:29 PM
To: Robert Lauriston; Linda Garneau; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Update All for Paragraph Tags in TOC

That's not entirely correct.

When Frame regenerates a TOC, the first thing it does is delete all existing
paragraphs that have paragraph tags that end with "TOC", such as Head1TOC and
Head2TOC. But any paragraphs that have paragraph tags that do *not* have that
ending will not be affected. This allows you to set up a TOC title/heading and
potentially a prefatory paragraph or two that will remain in the TOC when you
update it.

But yes, any manual changes in paragraphs with ...TOC tags will absolutely be
lost when the TOC is updated.

One approach to what Linda is trying to accomplish is to rename the TOC
paragraph styles in an *empty* TOC file from the old heading style names (plus
the ...TOC suffix, of course) to correspond to the heading style names in the
current book, and then regenerating the TOC. Doing the style name changes on an
empty file should make the changes simple and quick.

-Fred Ridder
> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:08:27 -0700
> Subject: Re: Update All for Paragraph Tags in TOC
> From: rob...@lauriston.com<mailto:rob...@lauriston.com>
> To: linda.garn...@crossmatch.com<mailto:linda.garn...@crossmatch.com>;
> framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>
>
> Create a new TOC from scratch. That will use the tags from the new
> template (assuming it's designed correctly).
>
> You should never edit generated entries in a TOC, any changes will be
> lost the next time you update.
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Linda Garneau
> <linda.garn...@crossmatch.com<mailto:linda.garn...@crossmatch.com>> wrote:
> >
> > I just successfully imported formatting from our new template TOC to the
> > current document TOC (shown below). In this particular file, the paragraph
> > tags for content headings (HeadVC1, HeadVC2, etc.) are labeled differently
> > from the tags for content headings in the template TOC (HeadTOC1, HeadTOC2,
> > etc). It will let me select one heading or a group of headings to update,
> > but it won't let me do an Update All. It takes FOREVER to update every
> > heading, one by one, to the correct tag in the template. Is there a way I
> > can apply the tags from the new template to all the tags in the current doc
> > at once?

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary,
inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it
from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match
Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered
trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona,
Inc. in the United States and other countries.