> In fact, PDF is converted to EPS when imported into FrameMaker.

I had never tried opening PDFs in FrameMaker. Upon seeing the above
statement from Dov, it piqued my curiosity and I gave it a try. I converted
an EPS graphic to EPS and imported it.

It appears there are advantages to using PDF graphics instead of EPS
graphics-- including a much smaller file on disk, faster load time, and a
preview image that is nice and clear instead of grossly pixelated. It makes
me want to switch my graphics from EPS to PDF, but it's probably too good to
be true. Are there disadvantages that I am overlooking-- particularly any
that might relate to handling of CMYK?

I'm on Windows XP Pro, using FrameMaker 7.1p116, producing output intended
for press.

Mike Wickham
Pleco Press, Inc.
"Aquarium books endorsed by fish!"