framers-bounces+matthias.dillier=snb.ch at lists.frameusers.com wrote on
28.08.2006 14:58:50:

> Jaya wrote :
>
> > 1.       Is there any option available to generate pdf s
> > using a script on a
> > Unix machine without opening the Framemaker?
>
> I know that it's possible, but I've no idea how. The documentation that
> comes with FrameMaker for Unix should be able to tell you more.

There is fmbatch on Unix to do this. But surely, you need FrameMaker
installed, so it is not done really 'without opening FrameMaker'. There
are floating licenses for FrameMaker on Unix. Unix here means only
Solaris, as all other Unix-Versions of FrameMaker silently died as far as
I know.

You can write your own skript using the Frame SDK if you like.

Regards
Matthias

individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The Swiss National
Bank therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. This
message is provided for information purposes only.