From: framers-bounces+fred.ridder=intel....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+fred.ridder=intel.com at lists.frameusers.com] On
Behalf Of Stuart Rogers
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:37 AM
To: Schoen, Brady
Cc: 'framers at frameusers.com'
Subject: Re: Hiding Pages?

Schoen, Brady wrote:
> I have a question for everyone. I work for a company that builds 4
pieces of
> equipment that are all the same but are branded differently. The only
> difference in the manuals for the different brands of equipment is the
2
> pages showing decal placement. What I would like to do is to make one
Book
> file for this equipment (so I don't have 4 different books to update
> everytime a change is made), and just change out the decal pages. Is
it
> possible to put all the decal pages for all the brands consecutively
in a
> chapter in a book and then just "Hide" the decal pages that I don't
want
> shown when it is time to print so I can keep all my page numbering and
> formating intact?
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this? We are using Adobe Framemaker 6.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Brady

Brady,

Read the topics on Conditional Text in the FM Help and you will have the

info you need to do exactly what you want.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification

for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006
"The smartest export Canada ever sent to the United States."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5