>From what I understand, my company installs pdf995 on everyone's machine and
that is the default pdf maker for the company. (IDD, marketing and a few
others use Acrobat Pro.)

I have used it at home for simple PDFs and it works great. Never used it at
work.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+mike.feimster=acstechnologies....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+mike.feimster=acstechnologies.com at lists.frameusers.c
om] On Behalf Of Syed Zaeem Hosain
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:50 PM
To: Bill Swallow
Cc: framers
Subject: Re: What do you use for PDF generation?

Hi, Bill.

Bill Swallow wrote:
> If you have enough people who need to create PDFs by corporate
> mandate, look into setting up Adove Acrobat Elements. It's a volume
> license solution that starts at 100 seats. Your entire company could
> be set up to use this.

Thanks! You are the second person to refer to this product. I will look into
it, particularly since a few of us use Acrobat Pro and the products are
probably pretty similar in many regards - makes support easier.

One other product I found while googling is www.pdf995.com! This has a
pretty outstanding price for the Enterprise license. Has anybody used their
stuff?

> On 5/21/06, Syed Zaeem Hosain <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net> wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> Pardon the slightly unrelated to FrameMaker questions, but I am
>> figure I am not too far off the mark here, since you all are likely
>> to be very familiar with similar polices to what I describe here.
>>
>> We are standardizing on a new policy that documents/files sent "outside"
>> the company must be in PDF form only. No Word or Excel (typically) or
>> FrameMaker (of course! :) ) files. And, obviously, it does not
>> include text e-mail!
>>
>> This means that we must install PDF creation software on all our user
>> computers ... including laptops and ones that may not be connected to
>> the Internet at all times.
>>
>> Acrobat Professional is too expensive a solution for this, plus it is
>> overkill for most of our employees. We have some people who only
>> create documents and files in Word or Excel for example.
>>
>> Hence, my questions:
>>
>> 1. What are you all using for PDF file creation?
>>
>> 2. Does it allow forms? I.e., for external folks to fill in fields
>> and send back the form!
>>
>> 3. What would you recommend we do, if you were setting up a similar
>> policy?
>>
>> Thanks!

>> or visit
>> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/techcommdood%40gm
>> ail.com
>>

>> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit
>> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

| Syed Zaeem Hosain                        Senior Vice President & |
|                                          Chief Technical Officer |
| Aeris.net                                    tel: (408) 557-1905 |
| 1245 South Winchester Blvd.                  fax: (408) 557-1925 |
| San Jose, CA 95128-3908.                   Syed.Hosain at aeris.net |