I'm wary of script languages generally because of the 'macro trap'. This is my
term for a syndrome I noticed when I was a manager in the computer industry.
It's real easy to think, 'Right, this is a tedious process, but I can automate
it with a script and save *tons* of time'... and then spend twice as long
developing and testing the automation than it would have taken to do the task
manually in the first place ;-)

I've even fallen into the macro trap myself... once, slightly scarily, with
electronic *hardware*, during my postgrad research.

I'm sure Rick never does this, though ;-)

--
Steve