Steve,

Is the page that you're working on imported from another program?
Could it have hidden characters? (You have view all text characters
turned on?)

Does the page print with the same inconsistencies? Is your ini file
set to use printer metrics on the display? (And is Adobe PDF set as
the default printer?)

Any chance that any of the tags are calling for a frame above / below?

Art

On 7/27/07, Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm probably breaking rules here by posting two queries in succession. Sorry.
> Today is not a good day with FrameMaker. TGIF.
>
> I am working up a template, and am seeing visibly inconsistent vertical
> spacing between headings and body paras in the same document despite the fact
> that there are no overrides.
>
> Here are the relevant specs:
>
> A Heading space above 19 pt, space below 6 pt, line spacing 16 pt fixed, 16
> point Frutiger bold uppercase, left justified
>
> B Heading space above 18 pt, space below 3 pt, line spacing 14 pt fixed, 14
> point Frutiger bold, left justified
>
> C Heading space above 13.5 pt, space below 3 pt, line spacing 13.5 pt fixed,
> 13.5 point Frutiger bold italic, left justified
>
> BodyFirst [follows all headings] Space above 0 pt, space below 0 pt, line
> spacing 11.8 pt fixed, 9.8 pt Revival 565 Roman, full justified
>
> What I see is visibly different, over-large, vertical leading between some,
> but not all, A, B and C headings and the BodyFirst paras that follow them. To
> reiterate, there are *no* para overrides. There are no master page overrides
> either.
>
> [I inherited some of these specs, in case you think they're odd because of
> me. I have dickered with the originals, changing fonts and spacings, but the
> original files, which mostly used Times New Roman, show the same oddity.]
>
> Are there any known FrameMaker bugs in this area? Is there perhaps some sort
> of thing going on with the differing fixed line spacing?
>
> --
> Steve

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358