Production of:Technical Documentation - Online Content - Enterprise Websites>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:48:05 -0700> From: athloi at yahoo.com> Subject: RE:
radical revamping of techpubs> To: tekwrytr at hotmail.com; framers at
lists.frameusers.com> > A product can have good design, and good programming,
and still be> inadequate for users.> > How can that be, you ask?> > Technically
speaking, it may be doing what its creators think it> should, and it may be
well-created. It may be disorganized, and it may> not address the user's needs,
and that's where TWs come in.> > We are the only group who sees the
application, from start to finish,> from a user perspective. Therefore we are
able to offer sanity checks:> > - This interface doesn't make sense.> -
Although the app is well-designed, in this context it becomes slow or> crashes,
and in our view, users will come this way often.> - The task we're designing
this for is too narrow/too broad.> > --- Technical Writer <tekwrytr at
hotmail.com> wrote:> > > Exactly. And that is in the province of the developer,
the> > programmers, and the GUI designers. Using TW to cover up poor design> >
and inadequate programming is not particularly useful for> > anyone.> >
http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/> technical writing | consulting |
Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around >
http://mail.yahoo.com
Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf?. Stop by
today.