Hey, folks. What is your standard for organizing your template?

Do you have all ref pages, master pages, para tags, character tags,
variable definitions, etc., etc., represented identically in every file
of your template?

It easiest  to update every file in a book with every formatting
element, rather than try to remember that the Index file has unique
elements, so does the TOC, the appendixes have different variable
definitions from the chapters, etc., etc.

The only gotcha I can think of is that sometimes I manually fiddle with
header and footer settings for the oddball chapters (Index, TOC, List of
Figures, etc., etc.) If I copied "Page Layouts" from my Index to all
other files, would they all end up with "Index" manually typed into the
footer, for example?

What do you do?