Based on your questions, it sounds as if there's something or some
things wrong in your template. If I were you, I'd think about creating
a new, clean template and applying it to any of your files/books that
have the symptoms you're asking about. It sounds as if you're building
stuff on what amounts to a flawed foundation, which isn't good.

* The "not visible" frame could be on a layer under another frame --
mostly likely the result of modifying master pages or adding frames
manually.

* There isn't a program default setting for page connections; it's on
a file by file, or template basis. So disconnected pages aren't the
default setting, except in your particular files. Autoconnect -- a
checkbox on your Master Page's text frame property sheet -- is the
setting in all the Frame templates and in most cases should always be
on.

* You should so rarely have to add a Disconnected page that you should
need to look up the procedure... For almost all books in all
situations, you want autoconnected pages.

* Text frames cannot be nested. You may have a text frame that
contains an anchored frame, and _that_ may contain a text frame. Or
you may have text frames on different layers. But you don't have
nested ones.

* The only reason that rows wouldn't be added to a table is if youv'e
broken the automatic flow connection. If it's turned on, the rows and
pages are added automatically.

Art

Art

Art Campbell
                          art.campbell at gmail.com
Vincent and a redheaded grl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358