Framers,

FM 8, unstructured

Thanks all for the anchor tag reasons. Those will help me explain.

I have another question related to a layout that a client wants to use in
FM. Their documents are landscape, with two columns (not side heads).

Sometimes a graphic, like a screenshot, is too big to fit in the column and
has to go across the columns. When I set the anchor tag to go across all
columns and the anchored frame to align left and not be cropped, I can get
the graphic to go across the two columns. Are there any other methods to get
the graphic across the two columns? I could not figure any others out.

After I do that, the text that came before the graphic spreads out across
the two columns above the graphic and the text that came after the graphic
spreads out into the two columns below the graphic. (This is a little hard
to describe. I've attempted to "draw" it below.)

Text before graphic     Text before graphic continued
Text before graphic     Text before graphic continued

Graphic -------------------->

Text after graphic      Text after graphic continued
Text after graphic      Text after graphic continued

Is this normal for this type of layout? I rarely use two columns, and don't
have graphics that  go across the two columns when I do.

I think the client would prefer that the text in the left column continue
down the left column below the graphic, then continue to top of the right
column, then below the graphic in the right column. Attempt at drawing that
below.

Text before graphic             Text after graphic
Text before graphic             Text after graphic

Graphic ---------------------------->

Text before graphic continued    Text after graphic continued
Text before graphic continued    Text after graphic continued

Is there a way to do that in FM?

I hope this makes some sense. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates