On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:22:27 -0600, "Linda G. Gallagher"
<lindag at techcomplus.com> wrote:

>I have another question related to a layout that a client wants to use in
>FM. Their documents are landscape, with two columns (not side heads).
>
>Sometimes a graphic, like a screenshot, is too big to fit in the column and
>has to go across the columns. When I set the anchor tag to go across all
>columns and the anchored frame to align left and not be cropped, I can get
>the graphic to go across the two columns. Are there any other methods to get
>the graphic across the two columns? I could not figure any others out.

AFAIK, that's the only way, short of designing a special master page
for every graphic like that.

>After I do that, the text that came before the graphic spreads out across
>the two columns above the graphic and the text that came after the graphic
>spreads out into the two columns below the graphic.
>
>Is this normal for this type of layout? I rarely use two columns, and don't
>have graphics that go across the two columns when I do.

Yes, IMHO.

>I think the client would prefer that the text in the left column continue
>down the left column below the graphic, then continue to top of the right
>column, then below the graphic in the right column.
>
>Is there a way to do that in FM?

Not that I know of.  But another possibility would be to set such
graphics to go always to the top (or bottom) of the page.  Then the
question would be moot.  ;-)

HTH!