On 27 Mar 2009 at 0:23, Diane Gaskill wrote:

> I also do not like the fact that FM9 opens a book file on the left side of
> the FM window and its huge and docked.  The last thing I need is to have a
> book file take up 1/3 of the screen.  It's also VERY annoying to have to
> shrink it and move it every time I open it.  This is a total waste of my
> time. The book file needs to return to the screen in whatever size and
> position it is saved in, just like FM8 and previous versions. They have
> made FM considerably less productive by forcing somebody's idea of
> "pretty" on everyone.

Diane,

The book window can (as any pod) be moved around. Just grab its title
bar and move it away from its docked location to a place of your
liking. It docks only on places where you see a light blue line
underneath the transparent item moved around.

But the location and size of the floating book window is not saved in
the workspace (at least not in my test). It seams that only docked
items ar "stored" in the workspace. IMHO this should be changed!

And - IMHO this is a bug - as long as only the book window is open,
there is no selection of workspaces possible. One of the last used
workspaces is active (and not the one used just before the current
session). The workpace selection requires an open document.

Klaus Daube
http://mymemo.ch und nie mehr einen Gedanken oder Termin verpassen.
Docu + Design Daube; Sch?racher 11; CH-8053 Z?rich
Technical documentation & consultancy; On-line and paper
F: +41-44-422 86 25  E: ddd at daube.ch  W: www.daube.ch