I agree that the writer must love the language, but he/she must
refrain from using "words such as 'transmogrify'" unless there is a
very good reason for it _and_ you have the word explained in the
"Terms and Definitions" section. ;-)
Have KISS in mind - as much as practicable, when writing technical manuals.

Regarding the "endianess", I had a problem some 13 years ago with some
UNIX software that was supposed to work on Linux. It did not. I sent a
query to an Icelandic guy on the "Basic Linux Training" list I
subscribed to and he came up with a solution. Then he expained to me
that there was a difference between Linux an UNIX that one used big
endian and the other little endian in the same code of software. The
first time I saw the term(s) I thought this must be a misspelling,
knowing that programmers often have weird kind of humor. What would it
be they referred to as Indians?

To this day I have not had any explanation understandable to me what
the real difference is. Neither have i had any problems with little or
big endians (or any sort of Indians) since. ;-)

Bodvar