I don't know if the suite is the best choice if you are trying to save money. First of all, if you get TCS, every time you upgrade it will probably cost more. (I doubt there is an option to only upgrade FM when you own TCS.) And since you don't really need to upgrade Acrobat, it should be much cheaper to upgrade just FM.

Since I have the ARTS Link Checker, which works with Acrobat 7, and a new version of ARTS Link Checker is only available as part of a very expensive suite, I decided to stick with Acrobat 7. It works OK, and I can do the standard replacing pages, etc. I can't do a Save As PDF in FM, since I have to uninstall the PDF creation add-in that comes with FM in order to install Acrobat 7. So I print to PS then distill. That's OK for me.

Also, you might be able to do what you need with Nitro PDF.

I'd like to know why people feel it's so imperative to have Acrobat now-a-days, since both Word and FM have Save As PDF options that convert headings to bookmarks. When Word didn't have that feature, it was imperative to have Acrobat. But now I'm not sure if it's that important, especially the latest version of Acrobat.

Is there something I'm missing?

Just my $0.02.

--
Shmuel Wolfson