Looks like my earlier response got truncated. Apologies for any confusion.

Would it be acceptable to install FM on a stand-alone machine, save as MIF,
and export/convert to formats of apps the corporate network supports, then
copy these outputs to the network? Or, have that work done by a service?

If a non-subscription version of InDesign is used on the corporate network,
a round-about approach could be to use the  DTP Tools - MIF Filter for
Adobe InDesign <http://www.dtptools.com/product.asp?id=mfid> to convert MIF
files InDesign. Within InDesign's own limits and abilities, the
conversion retains
most, FrameMaker text formatting features and specifications, and does its
best to emulate page layouts.

HTH