On Tue, 29 May 2007, Werner Almesberger wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That worked - thanks!

So I guess my SIM card is recognized, and that network registration worked.

Could you make a call ? If yes, that's good news. Perhaps it's
just some bug in the communication between GSM and gsmd then.

Yes, I was able to make the call, but of course I was not able to actually
talk to the other party.

I don't think it was a bug in gsmd, because later I did the same thing with
libgsmd-tool.

One difference this time was that I had put the back cover on the phone.
Perhaps this pushed the battery on the SIM card and made better contact

Nonetheless, progress!

Michael