Ops, sent only to Rocky.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 11, 2006 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 177 - Content indexing
To: Rocky Burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Personally I think this plip would be awesome to get in place.  But with
one small stipulation.  I would adding a configlet someplace or some
config option somewhere that lets you toggle this behaviour on/off (on a
functional level) and have it off by default.  That way we don't have to
worry about the performance implications by default.  Then for Plone 3.5
we could consider having it activated by default.

I am seriously concerned about the str(content) part. We have improved
a lot the situation in other places in AT and it should not do that
anywere else anymore (except in the transforms maybe). We need to
fight that will all our forces. :)

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214