hi graham, thanks for the hint, however, i had tried that already myself and it didn't work, either.

sudo sh ./install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster -- instance=plip209 zeo
ZEO Cluster Install selected

This install script must be run within the installer's top directory.
That directory should contain packages and helper_scripts subdirectories.

so, for me the plip is not functional and i can't give it a +1 in this state. i'm sure it's just something trivial, but the point is that it's supposed to be *easy* for the end user lateron, and they will likely stumble over the same issues.

tom

sudo sh install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster --instance=plip209 zeo

Where you have

sudo sh install.sh

should that be,

sudo sh ./install.sh

This install script must be run within the installer's top directory.

I received that message once, when I tried specifying the path
from my working directory
to install.sh

Regards
Graham