Tom Lazar wrote:
i just realized, that steve might not get notifications from trac, so i hereby post my previous comment:

Hi,

after checking out :

checking out what? As Steve said, you should download the tarball.

and issueing the following command:

sudo sh install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster --instance=plip209 zeo
i get the following output:

I just tried this on my box (Linux/Ubuntu 7.10) and it just worked.
With other words: I cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Raphael

ZEO Cluster Install selected Detailed installation log being written to /opt/zope/instances/plip209installer/install.log This install script must be run within the installer's top directory. That directory should contain packages and helper_scripts subdirectories. however, i am issuing that command from within the toplevel directory. the log file is empty except for these two lines:

Detailed installation log Starting at Fr 15 Feb 2008 16:17:24 CET
since nobody else (i.e. martijn and raphael) has reported this, i either have found some bug (unlikely) or (more likely) other folks will overlook the same thing I overlooked... ;-)

either way something (probably the README) would need to be clarified.