On 18.02.2008, at 00:20, Steve McMahon wrote:

Tom,

The obvious just occurred to me: I'll be you're trying this from an
SVN checkout.

obvious to you (well, and everybody else, so it seems...)

you see, that tidbit isn't mentioned in the README that's part of the svn nor at the actual plip[1], although the latter does refer to a tarball in the deliverables section and once more in the progress log.

i guess it's simply due to the fact that prior to this plip review i have never used any of the unified installers and hence probably just missed that it's all about the tarball.

The svn does not include all the many megabytes of
third-party tarballs required to run the installer. (Wiggy has very
reasonably requested that they be kept out of svn.)

So, to test the new UN+BO, you'll need to download it from Launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/plone/3.0/3.0.5/+download/Plone-3.0.5-UnifiedInstallerBuildout-beta2.tar.gz

i downloaded this and everything worked fine from then on. i created a zeo setup with its own python and libjpeg(!). this is great stuff. i shall be using this for my own client work from now on, as the buildouts i have so far used were very nice for the client but still needed to be accompanied by a lengthy README as how to install the dependencies.

beyond this particular installation i haven't done any further testing, but as mentioned, others have done that already, so all i can say is: +1 ;-)

(BTW, I expect to be doing a version for Plone 3.0.6 early next week.
It will include the fix for the relative path issue discovered by
Raphael.)

Steve