On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Andreas Zeidler <a...@zitc.de> wrote:
> i haven't looked at the changeset itself ((In [36715]) Add upgrade step to
> convert all files and images to blobs.), but it sounds like the automatic
> blob-migration we didn't want to enforce.  existing file and image content
> should remain untouched and migration to blobs optional.
> cheers,

Why wouldn't we want to migrate content by default? If we don't do it
by default, only a few will figure out how to do it and people loose
the major advantage that blobs give them.

I haven't been involved in the PLIP discussions around this as much,
but I thought this was a clear case of something that just wasn't done
yet. If you have a specialized need, you can opt-out of this upgrade
step by using the portal_setup upgrades screen and omitting this one
step. But the default should be to migrate people.

Hanno