Thinking about the trope of the trip in the manner lets say Amos Vogel's Cinema 16 might hypothetically have considered this theme:

I would suggest Tex Avery's King Size Canary (1947) in which an elixir called "Jumbo-Gro" allows for a mouse, a cat and a canary to move past each other in successive surrealistic expansions. Juxtaposing this cartoon with the 1977 Eames Office's- Powers of Ten: A Film Dealing with the Relative Size of Things in the Universe
and The Effect Of Adding Another Zero...
followed by the micro miniaturization in Fantastic Voyage (1966) described as "the original psychedelic inner space adventure" might create the requisite loosening of strictures in the brain and concomitant mind manifesting tendencies.

Bob Clampett's black and white Porky in Wackyland and the color remake by Friz Freleng called Dough For The Do-Do (1949)
work for me. So does Chuck Jones's Duck Amuck (1953).

I'd even want to open the door to Duchamp's - Anemic Cinema (1926).

Tony Conrad's The Flicker (1966)
Jud Yalkut's - Kusama Self-Obliteration (1968)
Barbara Rubin's Christmas On Earth (1963)
are all obvious classics in the genre.

Importantly pioneer animator Emile Cohl's inventory of inebriation
The Hasher's Delirium (1910) should be considered.

Scott Nyerges's - Autumnal (2008) is hardcore, hallucinogenically speaking.

It is almost sacrilegious to mention Brakhage's The Dante Quartet in this context
but it never stops working on me in its hallucinatory majesty !
Once you see it you're never going to be the same.

Finally nobody has worked me harder in throwing down the psychotropic gauntlet more than
Ken Jacobs in his legendary Nervous System Performances of yore.
Truest to the phenomena-like "Did you just see what I saw?" nature of the drug experience, this performative enterprise, since retired , was something you had to be there to believe. Fundamentally my consciousness was altered many times over between the time I walked in the
door to one of these shows and when I went out.
I've never seen anything like it.
And never expect to again.

-DB