I have never shot Imax but I have shot Todd-AO 70mm before.

The thing about improvised 70mm stuff is that there are basically two 70mm
standards.  One has the perfs out at the edge of the film and is used for
aerial camera work and the like, while the other has the perfs closer in
so that there is room for sound tracks outside the perfs.

It's traditional to shoot 65mm in camera, and then contact print the 65mm
camera original to a 70mm print since the frame layout and perf positions
are the same; the 70mm film just has a little extra on the outside for
tracks.

What this means is that you can't use existing aerial cameras or a Hasselblad
with a 70mm back to shoot stop motion animation unless the camera or back has
been modified to handle the narrower motion picture perfs.

If you want to do hand drawn animation, though, it should not be too hard
to get 65mm clear leader, draw on it, and have the lab print it to 70mm.
FotoKem will still do 70mm printing and they might have some clear leader
for you.   Technicolor in Glendale might still.

It would be great fun to try hand-drawing on the huge Imax frame.
--scott