Hey David,

If ex-pats count, one half of Ojoboca (Juan David González Monroy) is from
Colombia, currently working in Berlin. Their film Gente Perra (2014) is
based in part on a story by a Colombian author and makes reference to
aspects of the culture there particularly regarding European colonization
of South America. Might fit the bill if you're not limited to a strictly
historical program.

Best,