Yesterday I passed through a small gallery filled with Robert Frank
pictures.  Lined up along a 12 or 15 ft wall were projections about 11 x 17
in. of 6 or 7 films.  This is gallery exhibition: I saw all Franks films in
under a minute.

By contrast, when the Music Box Theater programmed Frank's *Candy Mountain*,
I had it on my calendar for a month.  I looked up the book, *Frank Films*,
and was able to read about the film.  I read a page from the preface in
which the publishing project is described and where Frank sounds like an
uncompromising artist.

Bernie