Dear Workers of the Frame,

I have a negative and I want to create a print from it, organizing the
different sequences that I shot in a different order. What's the exact
procedure I should follow? Should I cut the negative and splice it together
in the new manner I want the final print to be, then send that to the lab?
(I need no disolves nor superimpossitions, just one shot after another in
the simplest way). If I don't want to cut the negative, I presume I should
use the numbers that appear on the side of the filmstrip to give
instructions to lab, but I'm not sure if that is so precise. I've never
done this before, and the guy from the lab wasn't very helpful. So if any
of you could explain the procedure to detail, I would be enormously
grateful. Also, I'd love to hear about  books on the subject.

Thanks very much,

Esperanza Collado