Ah geez, can’t forget: Phill Niblock’s Magic Sun featuring Sun Ra & the
Arkestra.

On Nov 8, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Stephen Broomer
<stephen_broo...@hotmail.com<mailto:stephen_broo...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Albert,

Jack Chambers' R34 features a section of Ayler's Bells for the last stretch of
it.

Joyce Wieland's Rat Life and Diet in North America has a violent cacophony of
free jazz at the beginning that I've not been able to identify.

Joyce's Water Sark has an improvisational soundtrack by Carla Bley & Mike
Mantler (of the Jazz Composers Orchestra) with Ray Jessel (Broadway composer
and later novelty songwriter).

Likewise, her Peggy's Blue Skylight is named for the Mingus composition and
features Paul Bley playing it on the soundtrack.

There are passages of jazz in the collage soundtracks of Arthur Lipsett. (Sorry
for the Canada-centric response!)

I feel like there's a Kuchar movie that has the Scott Lafaro bass solo from
Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz on the soundtrack...

There's another Hy Hirsch film, Gyromorphosis, that uses Django by the MJQ/John
Lewis.

There's always Pull My Daisy.

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 8, 2017, at 3:14 AM, Albert Alcoz