Thanks, Chuck and Pip, for starting the discussion on this.  I recommend
looking at this article by Mary Celeste Kearney, Guest Post: How Film
Schools Lead to Pipelines Full of Weinsteins:
https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/guest-post-how-film-schools-lead-to-pipelines-full-of-weinsteins-f49f4c69d78

I don't teach at a film school, but we still have been having a lively
discussion here at HKU on the consequences of the Weinstein revelations.
In fact, we've started to collect some articles on our Faculty of Arts
Committee on Gender Equality and Diversity website.  Here's the link:
http://arts.hku.hk/about-us/CGED/Bibliography/sexual-harassment-and-climate-in-units
I am eager to add to this bibliography, so feel free to contact me off list
if you have material to add.  I also recommend following the discussion on
UFVA Facebook.  Vaun Monroe, who coordinates the Gender/Diversity caucus,
does an excellent job of pointing out the ways that discrimination works in
film schools (where many in the experimental film community are based).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/416283385163176/  (I am copying Vaun here.)

Given the centrality of commercial film in the popular consciousness, the
amount of press given to Weinstein has opened up the conversation in many
ways.  My colleague, Sylvia Martin, gave a fascinating talk on this here
recently.  I'm copying her, since I'm not sure she's part of the
experimental film community.  Even when the stakes are low, women still
suffer disproportionately from sexual violence, harassment, lack of access
to resources, and a cool climate that makes it difficult for them to
excel.  In my years of following experimental film (particularly women in
punk), I think that we still have far to go in breaking down barriers.

Looking forward to seeing more on this topic here.  (I am copying some
other colleagues, who may be interested in this thread as well.)

Best,
Gina
(University of Hong Kong)