On 19/10/12 10:54, Ben Finney wrote:

> Would it be a good idea for us to pool a bunch of money and sponsor GNU
> MediaGoblin, with a single large donation in the name of Free Software
> Melbourne?

This is a great idea! Donations are the best way to contribute to free
software if you earn a comfortable living but don't have the time to
participate directly. I'm just disappointed I've already donated!

Perhaps we could do group donations regularly; a gold coin donation at
meetings to the free software project of the month. Any thoughts? Of
course it's no different to donating individually, but we would save on
transfer fees and the total is more satisfying.

Ben S.