-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jérôme
Nicolle
Sent: 29 November 2005 15:26
To: free60-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Free60-Devel] Game DVD formats

Segin a écrit :

> How can a CD-RW drive determine a CD-R from a CD-RW? It's the disc
> substrate material. It refelects different light fequencies, which
> makes all the difference. You may want to try the original type of
> DVD-R from the late 90's.

On the first xbox, GD had an extra TOC (table of Content) located beyond
the standard DVD TOC, wich in this case refered to a Video DVD. The GD
were usable on a xbox original drive because it's firmware made it looks
for the non standard TOC before the standard one.

About writable medias, i thought they also had a special track
containing their physical characteristics, thus letting the burner sets
an appropriate laser power and writing speed... But I may be wrong