Well you can get it can't you? Its just very large and expensive. They may also sign the beginnning second session with a digital signature. This means we cannot alter the disk unless we can sign a new disk.

On 11/29/05, Devlin McMillan-Cashman <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Just a throwback to the original question a tidbit about that.  As Darren said, there's lots of ways.  Just doing a diff type of error correcting or such can change it.  Pretty much if it's non-standard ISO format it's not going to play.  Also you can just have it physically diffrent.  For example gamecube games (besides being non-standard media in the first place) spin backwards and all data is written inversely to how a normal CD is written.  All PS2 games are pressed at the end of the production line in china.  They have physical imperfections in the disk that the ps2 reads and won't play if they don't have those imperfections.  Just things that you can't copy without very specialized machinery (that you can't get).

On 11/28/05, Segin < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
smo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What's so special about current game console DVD formats that render
>them uncopyable on a PC? They do contain somewhat standard DVD
>characteristics,
>don't they?
>
>I've tried researching this topic and all I came up was vague
>suggestions about the discs having a fake TOC and a proper TOC on a
>second layer. If I were to make a bit-for-bit copy of a game DVD (say
>if a PC DVD drive could do that), how would the console tell it apart
>from an original disc?
>
>-smo

How can a CD-RW drive determine a CD-R from a CD-RW? It's the disc
substrate material. It refelects different light fequencies, which makes
all the difference. You may want to try the original type of DVD-R from
the late 90's.