On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Could you upgrade mb_client from CVS, remove these tracks from the music tree,
> and get it to re-signature them?  I believe I've fixed the problem -- seemed
> some tracks didn't like the old downmix code that was in there.

Uhhm, I tried. I updated both mb_client and freeamp from CVS. I
updated FreeAMP as well, because my enhancement "bug" regarding Vorbis
metadata was marked fixed. Anyway, I recompiled both (mb_client
followed by FreeAMP just for the record) and now it's segfault city.

I cleared my entire music list ( I wanted my Vorbis files organized )
and told it to rescan my computer. Boom - near instant segfault. I can
manually add both Vorbis and MP3 tracks, but scanning causes an
instant segfault. Fine - I right-clicked on the single track, selected
Info, then clicked on "Look up track on MusicBrainz". This - as I
understand it - should cause a signature scan and then go to the
website. Not in this case. FreeAMP just freezes.

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude" @ ([EMAIL PROTECTED] || ICQ #52640402)
http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/index.html

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.