Hi, I am now running 10 HEAD with latest committed KMS patch.

I do not use currently suspend and resume on my X220. I use a script
>  for the brightness which makes it easy to handle for me.

I am still stuck with:
- add LEN0086 to acpi_ibm
- recompile
- kldload acpi_call
- acpi_call -p '\VBRC' -i n    // n is 0-16

Can you share the script you have made, especially if you were able to bind
hotkeys to it?

> There is a fundamental problem with powerd which stops a notebook to
> get better battery life time. powerd does not include the display
> brightness and it does not inlcude user activities in its process to
> regulate the CPU speed. In addition, the algorithm to find the best CPU
> speed gets easily irritated with short bursts of peak performance
> requirements.
>
> Erich

I do lose about 1-2 hours of battery time as opposed to Windows(I get 7-8
hours there) due to those same bursts of performance, despite running the
adaptive profiles. My main concern is manual control of brightness though.

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)