> The question is whether Peter wants to include g77, and whether
> people would see this as bloat.  I know g77 outperforms f2c+gcc
> on my real-world benchmarks by a significant margin.

A good question, is how easy it is to download egcs-g77-1.1.1.tar.gz and
build it into something workable assuming the EGCS C and C++ compilers
are part of the system.

I've got a Bmaked contribified version of EGCS, but didn't do g77.  So
maybe a consensus should be made what to do about FORTRAN in the base
system.

--
-- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)